MY FAVORITE HEALTHY COOKIES
My stomach is growling as I write this… a Pavlovian response at it’s best (or worst?). These are my favorite healthy chocolate chip cookies and I wanted to share them with you. My girls make them all of the time (8 and 10 years old) so they are pretty basic.
They are gluten free and dairy free and you can also make them either sugar free or soy free. The recipe is from the Fixate Cookbook that pairs with the portion fix eating system that is part of my Busy Girl’s Fitness Challenge group.
- 3 cups almond flour 1
- teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw maple syrup
- 1 large egg 2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips — I used the stevia sweetened chocolate chips at Earthfare- these have a bit of soy lechtin so you basically have to choose from sugar free or soy free (if you know of a steviea sweetened chocolate chip without dairy or soy- please let me know!)
Thanks for visiting Losing it With Sam & Ash. Our goal is to help others go from lives of just surviving the days and phases to thriving each and every day through personal & spiritual growth, compassion, community, and health. We'd love to hear from you!