The Benefits of Earthing
How ironic is it that the more research we do on healing and health, the more we discover and reconnect with the ways God has already provided health and healing through His creation. From essential oils to adaptogenic herbs (like the ones I drink daily in my Shakeology) we are finding that the Big Pharma has lead us down a road of symptoms, malnutrition, and bandaid healing practices.
Take off your shoes and step outside. It’s time to get grounded. The practice of grounding is about the simplest thing you can imagine. You literally take of your shoes and stand on the earth or concrete. Who knew my Tennessee mountain ways as a child were so darn cleansing!!!
- Your immune system functions the best when your body has a healthy supply of electrons, which are easily and naturally obtained by barefoot contact with the Earth (say what!!!!).
- Electrons from the Earth have antioxidant effects that help lower inflammation and the numerous consequences that go along with an inflamed body.
- If you think about it… with all the positively charged input we get from electronics… it only makes sense that the negatively charged earth (electrons=negative charge) would literally help balance us and bring us to a neutral state.
- Shoes used to be leather soled- which allowed and benefited the earthing conduction. Today, soles are made of synthetics that block the effects. When it’s not warm weather, it might be worth investing in a pair of all leather soled shoes, especially if you live somewhere with cold winters (as in not Cali or Florida).
- Earthing would be beneficial to those not only with injuries and inflammation but also suffering with chronic fatigue- take 30 minutes with your shoes off in direct contact to the earth and see how you feel.
- Some pro-athletes are even integrating earthing into their rehabilitation protocol post-injury and surgery.
What do you think? Can you get more simple than that? And I thought drinking water was an easy health tip!!!
Thanks for visiting Losing it With Sam & Ash. Our goal is to help others go from lives of just surviving the days and phases to thriving each and every day through personal & spiritual growth, compassion, community, and health. We'd love to hear from you!